The ingredients needed for bread making will vary depending on the type of bread you are making. Here is a list of common ingredients that are used in bread making:
Flour: Flour is the main ingredient in bread and provides structure and texture to the finished product. All-purpose flour is the most commonly used type of flour for bread making, but you can also use bread flour or whole wheat flour.
Yeast: Yeast is a type of fungus that causes the dough to rise and gives bread its characteristic texture and flavor. There are two main types of yeast used in bread making: active dry yeast and instant yeast.
Salt: Salt helps to balance the sweetness of the dough and helps to preserve the bread.
Water: Water is used to hydrate the dough and helps to bring all of the ingredients together.
Sugar: Sugar provides a bit of sweetness to the dough and helps to feed the yeast, which helps the dough to rise.
Butter or oil: Butter or oil can be added to the dough to add flavor and moisture to the finished bread and also to provide softness
Depending on the type of bread you are making, you may also need additional ingredients such as milk, honey, dried fruit, nuts, or herbs
Recipe for Soft Bread Roll
|1 and 1/2 cup
|Melted Butter or Olive Oil
|Active Dry Yeast
|1 and 1/4 tbsp
|Melted Unsalted Butter (to brush on the top of dinner rolls)
- In the bowl mix yeast, sugar and lukewarm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast looks foamy.
- Sieve in the flour, and salt in a separate bowl. Now mix this in the yeast mixture
- Knead the dough with your hands till it becomes soft and stretchy, Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 1 hour in a warm place or until doubled in size.
- Once it doubles in size, cut out equal portions of dough and shape.
- Cover the dinner rolls with plastic wrap and let them rise for another 30-60 minutes in a warm place or until puffed
- Bake these proved rolls in greased tray and bake for 20 mins in 180 degrees
- Immediately brush bread rolls with melted butter and set aside to cool to room temperature before serving.