As its name suggests, the black forest cake originates from the Black Forest region in Germany. The cake is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling and whipped cream frosting. It is often decorated with chocolate shavings, cherries, and whipped cream. The black Forest cake is a popular dessert in Germany and other parts of Europe and has become a popular cake flavour in the United States and India.
Have you ever wanted to make a Black Forest cake at home but didn't know how? Well, today is your lucky day! In this blog post, I will show you how to make a Black Forest cake step by step.
Step By Step Recipe For Black Forest Cake
Servings - 12
Preparation - 35 mins
Bake - 45 mins
- 1 can of Nestlé MILKMAID
- 1¾ cup (175 g) maida (all-purpose flour)
- 3-4 heaped tablespoons (25 g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200 ml aerated soda
- 1 small can of cherries
- 200 g fresh cream
- 2 tsp powdered sugar/powdered sugar
- 50 g milk chocolate
- Grease and flour an 8-inch baking pan. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Drain the maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda through a sieve.
- Soften butter (DO NOT MELT), add to Nestlé MILKMAID and beat well. Now add vanilla essence. Alternately add maida mixture and aerated soda to the batter until all maida and soda are used up.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and cool slightly. Loosen the edge of the cake, if necessary with a knife. Turn out onto a wire rack or plate and allow to cool slightly before slicing horizontally into 2 pieces.
- Drain and stone the cherries, and soak both halves of the cake in cherry syrup. Whip the cream and sugar until fluffy, and cover the two cake bases with whipped cream and chopped cherries. Garnish with whipped cream, cherries and grated milk chocolate. Serve.
Watch The Detailed Recipe On How To Make Black Forest Only On Alippo's Youtube Channel And Get Insightful Tips & Techniques From One Of India's Top Experts. Click Here To Watch The Full Video.
Decorate Black Forest Cake
There are many different ways to decorate a Black Forest cake, but one of the most popular is to use chocolate icing and cherry nozzles. Chocolate icing is made by combining melted chocolate with butter and icing sugar. It is important to use good quality chocolate for this recipe, as the flavour will come through in the icing. Cherry nozzles are made by piping cherry jam through a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. You can also use a plain nozzle to pipe the cherry jam, but the star nozzle will give a nicer effect. To pipe, the chocolate icing, start in the center of the cake and work your way outwards in a spiral. To pipe, the cherry jam, start at the edge of the cake and pipe in a spiral towards the center. When you have finished piping, decorate the cake with chocolate shavings or grated chocolate
Mixing in or over the Black Forest cake should be avoided at all costs. Over-mixing the batter will deflate the essential air, resulting in dense cakes. On the other hand, don't mix in. You must incorporate all the ingredients fully.
Do not open the oven door frequently, this will cause the oven temperature to fluctuate, resulting in uneven baking and cracking.
If you're looking for a delicious and decadent dessert to make at home, Black Forest cake is the perfect recipe to try! This cake is traditionally made with chocolate cake, cherries, and whipped cream, and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. While it may look daunting to make, Black Forest cake is quite simple to prepare. So why not give it a try the next time you're in the mood for something special?