Picture this: it's your best friend's birthday and you want to make them a cake. But not just any old cake - you want to make them a cake with their face on it. You've seen cakes like this before, but you have no idea how they're made. Well, never fear! This blog post will take you on a deep dive into the world of photo cakes.
Are you looking for a unique and personalised cake? Why not try a photo cake? A photo cake is a cake with a photograph printed on icing. This is a great way to add a personal touch to any cake.
How to make edible photos for cakes
• A photo that you would like printed on the cake.
• Edible printable sheets
• Edible cake printer
Steps to print the edible cake topper
• Do not remove the plastic backing before printing.
• Place the icing sheet in the printer with the icing side up (plastic on the back).
• Prepare your edible printer with edible ink cartridges and blank icing sheets.
• Give the command to print and it will slowly print onto your icing sheet.
• After printing, allow the sheets to dry for 5-10 minutes.
• Now detach and hold the cake image from the icing foil.
How To Apply Image To Cake
- Have a simple, freshly frozen cake ready. Do not attach any decorations before attaching the picture. Frosting should be buttercream or regular store-bought ready-to-spread frosting. For best results, use white icing where to place the images.
- Frosting or icing should not be dry or have skin.
- Remove the Icing Image from the pouch and allow it to stand in normal room conditions for about 15 minutes.
- Icing Image easily peels off the backing paper. If you have difficulty removing it, pull the backing sheet over the sharp edge of a table, etc. and the icing sheet should come off the backing sheet. If it's stuck to the clear backing, use a hair dryer and gently blow hot air on the back of the image until it starts to peel off (moisture drying causing the sheet to stick to the backing).
- Place the printed sheet onto your cake by holding the ends and applying the centre first, then lowering towards the ends. If wrinkles appear, gently blot the image to smooth them out.
- Add a border or border of your choice to your cake.
- You can label the image with icing or jellies as needed.
Unique Way To Make Photo Cakes
Once you've finished the edible sheet with the image of your choice, it's now time to bake the cake. Let us reveal the photo cake recipe in detail here.
- The first step is to preheat the oven to a consistent 350 degrees Fahrenheit, as that temperature will be needed throughout the baking time.
- Arguably the best utensil for baking the photo cake is the 9-inch springform pan.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and mix the main ingredients for the cake, which are mixed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Keep mixing them until both are inseparable.
- When done, squeeze this thorough mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Take another bowl in which you mix the cream cheese with the sugar until you get a smooth, even mixture. Add milk and eggs. Keep mixing. Now add sour cream and vanilla essence and sifted all-purpose flour until finally smooth. Pour this mixture into the pan over the cake base. The cake base should be firm by now.
- Here comes the main part of the photo cake recipe, which is baking the cake. You need to bake the cake for 70 to 90 minutes.
- Once the baking is done, you need to let the cake cool in the oven for about 5 to 6 hours. Make sure you do this step in the oven yourself as it will prevent the cake from cracking.
- After the cake is fully baked, take a toothpick and do the toothpick test. The toothpick test is the test where you put a toothpick in the cake and take it out. If there is no trace of cake or moisture on the toothpick, it means the cake is perfectly baked and not unbaked at all.
- Now transfer this cake to the fridge and let it chill for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the cake after 2 hours. It must have been cool by now. Now it's time to press photo for photo cake design.
- Gently take the print and hold it over the cake and place it thoroughly over the cake to your liking. Make sure you apply it correctly to the cake. And it is done. Now your photo cake design is ready and your cake is also ready to be eaten and celebrated.
- If you want to further decorate your cake, you can use a cake topper or something similar and put the cake on it to make it look cuter.
Things To Remember
When it comes to creating the perfect cake, there are a few things to keep in mind. Photo cakes are all the rage these days, so if you're looking to create one, here are a few tips to keep in mind!
1. Make sure the photo is high resolution. The higher the resolution, the better the quality of the photo on the cake will be.
2. If you're using a photo that has a lot of colours, keep in mind that the colours will be more muted on the cake. So if you want the colours to be true to life, make sure to use a photo that has muted colours.
3. Make sure the photo is cropped properly. You don't want any part of the photo to be cut off on the cake, so make sure to crop it properly before sending it to the bakery.
4. Keep in mind that the photo will be reversed on the cake. So if there's any text in the photo, make sure to reverse it before sending it to the bakery.
5. Make sure the photo is in the correct orientation.
Things To Avoid
When it comes to making photo cakes, there are a few things you should avoid if you want your cake to turn out looking its best. Here are four things to keep in mind when creating your photo cake:
1. Don't use a low-quality photo. The quality of your photo will directly affect the quality of your cake. If you use a low-resolution or grainy photo, your cake will likely turn out to look the same. If you want your cake to look its best, use a high-quality photo that is in focus and has a good resolution.
2. Avoid using too many colours. If you use too many colours in your photo, the colours will bleed and your cake will look muddy. Stick to a maximum of three or four colours for the best results.
3. Don't use a photo with a lot of movement. If there is too much movement in the photo, it will be difficult to transfer onto the cake. The photo will likely be blurry and your cake will not look as good as it could.
4. Avoid using a photo with complex details. If the photo you want to use has complex details.
Assuming you would like a conclusion for the blog: Making a photo cake may seem like a daunting task, but with a few simple tips, you can create a beautiful and delicious cake that will impress your friends and family. Remember to avoid common mistakes, such as using the wrong type of icing or forgetting to remove the backing from the photo, and your cake will be sure to impress. With a little time and effort, you can create a stunning cake that will make any occasion special.