Cake baking is a passionate hobby for some, but it can also be a chore. If you are not the best baker in the world, it can be difficult to make a cake that tastes good and has perfect shape. The good news is that there are some shortcuts that you can take to make your life easier. In this article, we will share with you some tips on how to make birthday cakes the easy way!
Birthday cakes are a great way to celebrate a special day. It can be hard to come up with a unique idea for the cake and then put it together. That is where this article comes in!
The simplest way would be to buy a pre-baked cake from your local grocery store and decorate it yourself with frosting, sprinkles, and other toppings.
Lets Us Start By Making A Simple Sponge Cake!
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cream together butter and icing sugar.
3. Crack the eggs into the butter mixture and mix.
3. Add vanilla essence.
4. Add the maida, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
5. Gradually add the dry mix into the butter mixture and gently fold in with a spatula.
6. Pour it into a greased cake pan.
7. Flatten the surface and place in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
8. Remove and let cool before removing from the mould and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve & Enjoy!!
Some Tips To Remember
1) Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before you start.
2) If you are using a ready-made cake mix, follow the instructions on the packet and ensure that it is fully mixed before adding any other ingredients.
3) Preheat your oven to the required temperature and prepare your cake tin accordingly (grease and line with baking paper, or use a non-stick tin).
4) Ensure that all of your ingredients are in one bowl - this will help avoid any confusion or mistakes when mixing.
5) Be careful not to overmix your cake batter - this can lead to tough cakes
Ways To Decorate Your Birthday Cake
1. Melted chocolate and ganache
Chocolate is one of our favourite ways to decorate a cake. It can be melted and mixed with cream to make the ganache(opens in new tab) or you can simply use cocoa powder as a light dusting for your cake. And it doesn't have to be a chocolate cake that you cover with chocolate either - you can cover whichever cake you prefer.
2. Buttercream and frosting
It doesn't take much to make the buttercream: butter, icing sugar, flavoured extract and a few drops of milk. Buttercream is one of the most popular cake toppings as it can be made into different flavours, and different colours and can be presented in a variety of ways too, from piped swirls to a smooth palette-knife finish. You can also turn your buttercream into a cream cheese frosting by substituting the butter.
3. Chocolate fingers and cigarillos
This is a great technique for covering up any flaws on your cake. If it's a little burnt around the edges and you've had to cut some bits off - or if it didn't rise as much as you'd like, get the chocolate fingers and cigarillos at the ready. Just cover your cake in buttercream, chocolate or royal icing and press them around the edges of the cake. They give you a great base for topping your cake with sweets, fruits or flowers too.
4. Written message
Make someone feel extra special by writing them a personalized message on a cake. The easiest way to do this is with writing icing but you can also buy edible art pens or special cake decorating stamps to emboss words into fondant.
Some people might say that it is too time-consuming to make birthday cakes the traditional way. But with the right tools and ingredients, making a cake will be easier than ever. Follow our blogs for more insightful information and tips.