If you love tea and cake, then this is the blog for you! Here we will post recipes, tips and techniques for the perfect tea cake. Whether you're a beginner or an expert, we hope you'll find something new and exciting here. So come on in and let's get started!
Few Delicious Tea Cakes Recipes
• Irish Tea Cake
• Spiced Tea Cake
Irish Tea Cake
|Powdered sugar||1 cup|
|Vanilla essence||2 tsp|
|Self-raising flour||2 cups|
|Icing sugar, for dusting||-|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C. Grease a springform pan with a diameter of 22 cm and line the bottom and sides with baking paper.
2. In a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
4. Beat in the vanilla, followed by the flour and milk. Pour into the prepared mould and smooth out. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in the pan, then remove and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Store in an airtight container for several days
Spiced Tea Cake
|All-purpose flour||1 and ¼ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Cinnamon powder||1 tsp|
|Ground ginger||½ tsp|
|Ground nutmeg||¼ tsp|
|Ground cloves||¼ tsp|
|Granulated sugar||½ cup|
|Brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Flavourless oil||¼ cup|
|Unsweetened applesauce||½ cup|
|Buttermilk (1/2 cup milk + 1 tablespoon lemon juice)||½ cup|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|A pinch of cinnamon||-|
|To prepare the applesauce you will need 1 – apple, peeled and diced||-|
1. For the apple sauce, put the diced apples, powdered cinnamon and a cup of water in a saucepan and cook covered.
2. Cook it until the apple is nice and soft.
3. Mash the apple with a fork until smooth.
4. Add lemon juice and give a mixture.
5. Cook until all the water is absorbed and the applesauce is thick and reduced.
6. Cool it completely before using it in the cake.
7. For the cake, preheat the oven to 180°C.
8. Grease and line a loaf tin.
9. Finely grind all the spices in a grinder.
10. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and spice mixture.
11. Beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs until fluffy for one minute.
12. Add oil and beat until well blended.
13. Add applesauce and buttermilk and mix well.
14. Now add the flour mixture and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
15. Pour it into the prepared pan.
16. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
17. Once the cake is ready, remove it from the oven and leave it in the tin before placing it on a cooling rack.
18. Slice it up and serve with tea or spiced butter.
(For the spiced butter, I mix the same spice blend used in the cake with room temperature butter and a pinch of sugar)
19. You can store the cake in an airtight container for 4 days to a week.
Special Tips To Remember While Making Tea Cakes
Tea cakes are a type of cake that is typically served with tea. They are small, round, and often have a fruity or floral flavour. While tea cakes are typically made with white flour, there are also gluten-free and vegan varieties. When making tea cakes, there are a few special tips to remember:
1. Preheat the oven to the correct temperature before you begin baking. This will ensure that your cake cooks evenly.
2. Use fresh ingredients for the best flavour.- Be careful not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can result in a tough cake.
3. Bake the cake until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting or serving.
Follow these tips and you'll be sure to bake up a delicious batch of tea cakes!
If you're in the mood for something sweet and comforting, make yourself a tea cake! Tea cakes are simple to make and can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee. Check out our recipes, tips and techniques for making the perfect tea cake.