Bread making is a time-honored tradition that has been enjoyed by people all over the world for centuries. It's an art form that requires patience, skill, and a love of the craft. Whether you're a seasoned baker or a beginner, there's always something new to learn and discover when it comes to making bread.
Soft bread rolls are a popular and versatile baked good that can be enjoyed as a snack or used as a base for sandwiches. They have a tender, fluffy texture and a slightly sweet flavor that makes them a favorite among both adults and children.
Equipments needed for bread making
To make bread at home, you will need the following equipment:
1. Mixing bowl: You will need a large mixing bowl to mix the dough ingredients.
2. Measuring cups and spoons/weighing scale : To measure out the ingredients, you will need a set of measuring cups and spoons or a scale.
3. Wooden spoon or dough hook: A wooden spoon or a dough hook attached to a stand mixer to mix and knead the dough is important.
4. Baking sheet: A baking sheet to place the dough on before baking is needed.
5. Oven/cooker: An oven or a cooker to bake the bread in is needed.
6. Cooling rack: After baking, it's important to let the bread cool on a cooling rack to allow for proper air circulation.
7. Brush: To brush milk or egg wash and apply fat after baking.
Ready to start making your own delicious bread at home? Check out our YouTube video on bread-making equipment to learn about the tools you'll need to get started. Click the play button below to watch now!
Ingredients needed for bread making
The ingredients needed for bread making will vary depending on the type of bread you are making. Here is a list of common ingredients that are used in bread making:
Flour: Flour is the main ingredient in bread and provides structure and texture to the finished product. All-purpose flour is the most commonly used type of flour for bread making, but you can also use bread flour or whole wheat flour.
Yeast: Yeast is a type of fungus that causes the dough to rise and gives bread its characteristic texture and flavour. There are two main types of yeast used in bread making: active dry yeast and instant yeast.
Salt: Salt helps to balance the sweetness of the dough and helps to preserve the bread.
Water: Water is used to hydrate the dough and helps to bring all of the ingredients together.
Sugar: Sugar provides a bit of sweetness to the dough and helps to feed the yeast, which helps the dough to rise.
Butter or oil: Butter or oil can be added to the dough to add flavour and moisture to the finished bread and also to provide softness.
Depending on the type of bread you are making, you may also need additional ingredients such as milk, honey, dried fruit, nuts, or herbs.
Recipe for soft bread rolls
|1 1/2 cups
|Butter or olive oil
|Active dry yeast
|1 1/4 tsp
|Unsalted butter (for brushing tops of dinner rolls)
Method for soft bread rolls
1. In the bowl mix yeast, sugar and lukewarm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast looks foamy.
2. Sieve in the flour, and salt in a separate bowl. Now mix this in the yeast mixture.
3. Knead the dough with your hands till it becomes soft and stretchy, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 1 hour in a warm place or until doubled in size.
4. Once it doubles in size, cut out equal portions of dough and shape.
5. Cover the dinner rolls with plastic wrap and let them rise for another 30-60 minutes in a warm place or until puffed.
6. Bake these proven rolls in a greased tray and bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
7. Immediately brush bread rolls with melted butter and set aside to cool to room temperature before serving.
Watch our 'Bread Making 101: The Ingredients You Need' video on YouTube now and get all the tips and tricks you need to start baking delicious homemade bread! Click on the link to watch the video and start your bread-making journey today!
You can easily make delicious, soft bread rolls at home with a little practice and these tips. They are a perfect addition to any meal and can be enjoyed with a variety of spreads and toppings.
Use these soft bread rolls to make Burgers, Sandwiches, Vada Pav, Pav Bhaji, Samosa Pav, Aloo Tikki Burger, Keema Pav and so much more!