When it comes to the world of desserts, there are many different kinds. Some are cuter than others, some are sweeter than others, and some even have a variety of distinct flavours. Desserts can be made out of many different ingredients as well. Many times, it may seem like there is an endless variety of desserts in the world. However, this article will not just talk about all these different types of desserts but also give you tips on how to make one in particular: TIRAMISU
What is Tiramisu?
Tiramisu is a sponge cake with various fillings, Noodles, espresso, cinnamon, and more. It is an Italian recipe, though it can be found throughout Europe and in many other parts of the world. It can be made with many different kinds of cake fillings such as cream, coffee, fruits, etc. It is often served as an elegant dessert after a meal or as an after-dinner snack. This dessert is often eaten for special events, such as weddings, anniversaries, and after working hours. It can be eaten as a main dish or as a side dish. However, it is normally eaten as a dessert.
This May Seem Like A Simple Dessert, But It Is Quite Challenging To Make Well. It Is Also One Of The Most Expensive Desserts Around. So, How Is One Supposed To Make This Masterpiece?
Step-by-Step Guide to making Tiramisu
Ingredients for Savoiardi/Lady Finger Biscuits
Softened Butter - 3 tbsp
Castor Sugar - ¼ cup+1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Fresh Cream - 3 tbsp
All Purpose Flour/ Maida - 1 cup
Cornflour - ⅓ tbsp
Baking Powder - ⅛ tbsp
Salt - ⅛ tbsp
Milk - 2 tbsp
Powdered sugar for dusting
Ingredients for Coffee Syrup
Coffee Powder - 2 tbsp
Hot Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 tsp
Ingredients for Tiramisu Mousse
Mascarpone - 1 ½ cups
Castor Sugar - 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Whipping Cream - 1 cup
Cocoa powder for dusting
Method for Ladyfinger Biscuits
1. Preheat your oven, OTG or microwave to 160 degrees C/ 140 degrees C on Fan Mode
2. Whisk together the castor sugar and butter with a hand blender or by hand till well incorporated.
3. Add the cream and mix in using the cut and fold method.
4. In another bowl sieve together the dry ingredients so it mixed well and homogeneous
5. Add this in two parts to the butter and cream mixture using the cut and fold method.
6. Now add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time till you get a batter of dropping consistency.
7. Pour the batter into a piping bag with the help of a spatula
8. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or grease the tray with butter/oil to prevent the biscuits from sticking
9. Pipe the batter into the desired shape on the baking tray.
10. Dust the batter with powdered sugar. This helps to get good caramelization and colour.
11. Bake at 160 degrees C for 10 – 12 minutes or till golden brown.
12. Cool completely before using or storing in an airtight container for up to a week
Method for Coffee Syrup
1. Mix all the ingredients well. Cool Completely before using
Method for Tiramisu Mousse
1. Using a hand blender or whisk, whip together the whipping cream till you get soft peaks
2. Soften the Mascarpone with a spatula.
3. Add the vanilla essence and /or the liquor if used to the mascarpone till well incorporated
4. Mix the Mascarpone into the whipping cream slowly using the cut and fold method
Method for Assembly
1. Soak the biscuit 1 by 1 in the coffee syrup and layer the bottom of any glass dish
2. Put half the Tiramisu on top of the biscuit layer and spread evenly
3. Repeat the process with another half of the biscuits and Tiramisu Mousse
4. Using a butter knife or any flat knife level the top to get a smooth finish
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight
6. Dust with Cocoa Powder before serving
THINGS TO AVOID WHILE MAKING TIRAMISU
1. Always use fresh ingredients, especially eggs, don't use eggs that are kept at the back of your fridge they are probably on the verge of being expired.
2. Your ingredients should never be too cold. It is recommended to always use them when they are at room temperature. Especially Mascarpone. One hour before your use, take it out from the fridge.
3. It is not recommended to use instant coffee when making Tiramisu, it will just not give a good flavour to your dessert rather use a mocha pot Expresso and don't add any sugar to it.
4. Avoid beating your egg yolks and sugar for less than 10 minutes. As it will lead to a runny tiramisu.
5. Always remember to at least give your tiramisu a rest in the fridge for 6 hours before serving it as it will help all the flavours to completely soak and mix. You can also make your tiramisu 1-2 days in advance before serving it.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE SELLING TIRAMISU
• Knowledge of the area
• Target audience
• Source to deliver information
1. Tiramisu is a foreign dessert. So before you start your business and add tiramisu to your list, always do surveys. Researching your demographics is a very essential key to a successful business. Researching the demographics includes knowing the people who live in the society, what they do, and what is their spending criteria. Gender, Age, Education, Caste, and Financial status are someone important points to keep in mind.
2. Deciding the target audience may seem a very simple task but in reality, it is not. Your audience is behind whether your business will stay in the market or not. So choosing the right audience is very important. So last how should you choose your audience? The answer is while choosing your target audience and market you need to do surveys, understand your demographics and know your competitors.
3. Pricing plays a very important factor. We often get confused in deciding what should be the correct price for our dish. For tiramisu, the market price varies from location to location, here is when your market research comes into play.
In the majority of the location, the market price for tiramisu is 800/0.5kg. Whenever deciding on a rate for tiramisu, calculate the cost of ingredients used and check the price range of the same existing product.
4. Deciding on a source to deliver information is a very important step, it helps your audience to keep their focus on your platform. As social media platforms are a very good source to connect with your target audience, it is a great opportunity to grab. Using various strategies for building an Instagram or Facebook page is very important. Use attractive content, design a proper page layout, and keep your audience updated.
Regardless of what type of dessert you are making, it is important to use the finest ingredients possible. In this case, the sponge cake and the cream are the most important parts of the dessert. The texture and flavour of this cake are greatly determined by the way the cream is whipped. The lightness of the cream is what gives the dessert its texture and the airiness of the sponge cake makes it light and airy. The only way to truly enjoy the best of both worlds is to make tiramisu! This dessert is typically served as an elegant dessert after a meal or as an after-dinner snack. This dessert is often eaten for special events, such as weddings, anniversaries, and after working hours. It can be eaten as a main dish or as a side dish. However, it is normally eaten as a dessert. The ingredients for tiramisu are cream, sponge cake, espresso, granulated love, almonds, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. These ingredients are combined and baked until light and airy. The only way to truly enjoy the best of both worlds is to make tiramisu!