In this article, we’ll be discussing the difference between cupcakes and muffins. We’ll also be discussing which is best for you and your needs. So, if you’re interested in learning more about the difference between these two delicious items, then read on!
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 1/4 cups (175 g)|
|Baking powder||1 3/4 teaspoons|
|Baking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||6 tablespoons (45 g)|
|Kosher salt||¼ teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 tablespoon (15 ml)|
|Instant coffee||1 teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter softened||4 tablespoons (60 g)|
|Granulated sugar||1 cup (200 g)|
|Sour cream||¼ cup (60 g)|
|Vegetable or canola oil||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Buttermilk (at room temperature)||¾ cup (180 ml)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1/2 teaspoon|
• Chocolate Buttercream
• Chocolate Jimies
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Reservations.
3. Stir together hot water and instant coffee powder until the coffee has dissolved.
4. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until well combined, creamy and pale, about 3 minutes. Add sour cream, oil, vanilla, vinegar and coffee mixture; mix until well blended.
5. Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture in three portions, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat until just combined, about 30 – 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.
6. Divide batter evenly among the ramekins, about three-fourths full.
7. Bake for 20 – 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Take it out of the oven. Cool pan on wire racks for 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan, place back on a wire rack and cool to room temperature for about 1 hour before frosting.
Spread or pipe chocolate buttercream evenly onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with chocolate jimmies if you like it.
Eggless Chocolate Muffins Recipe
|All-purpose flour||160 grams|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||25 grams|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pinch of table salt|
|Homemade yoghurt||100 grams|
|Powdered sugar (sifted)||120 grams|
|Melted butter (at room temperature)||40 ml|
|Dark chocolate chips||2 tablespoons|
1. Measure and sift the dry ingredients. Add the sifted powdered sugar, mix and set aside.
2. Heat the butter just until it melts and let it cool.
3. Beat the yoghurt with a spoon for a minute and add the cooled butter.
4. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix together. Do not add chocolate chips.
5. Place the chocolate chips in the bowl of dry ingredients to coat them.
6. Now mix both the dry and wet ingredients together until combined.
7. Fill the muffin cases to 3/4 of the line and bake at 170°C for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Difference Between Cupcakes And Muffins
There are a lot of similarities between cupcakes and muffins. They are both small, individually portioned cakes that can be made in a variety of flavours. However, there are some key differences between the two. Muffins are denser and more like quick bread, while cupcakes are light and airy. Muffins also have a more muffin-like top (think of the classic domed muffin top), while cupcakes have a flat top. Cupcakes are always frosted, while muffins are not. This is one of the key ways to tell the difference between the two. Cupcakes are also generally sweeter than muffins. So, the next time you’re at the bakery, make sure you know which one you’re after!
Major Key Difference Between Cupcakes And Muffins
Cupcakes vs muffins, what’s the major key difference? Is a cupcake just a miniature muffin? Or is a muffin a flat cupcake? Let’s explore the key differences between these two popular baked goods.
The key difference is in the leavening agents used and in the toppings.
• Muffins are made with a leavening agent, such as baking powder or baking soda, which helps them to rise.
• Cupcakes are made with a chemical leavener, such as cream of tartar, which gives them a light and airy texture.
• Muffins are usually flavored with fruit or nuts.
• Cupcakes are usually frosted and can be flavored with chocolate, vanilla, or any other flavor of your choosing.