One of the best things about makeup is that it can instantly transform your look. Whether you want to go for a natural look or something more glam, there's a makeup look for everyone. If you're thinking about doing your own makeup for an upcoming evening party, we've got you covered. Keep reading to learn all about evening party makeup, from the basics to more advanced techniques.
What Is CTM Process & Why Is It Important?
CTM stands for cleansing, toning and moisturizing. CTM is the ideal skincare routine. There are three basic daily steps to a skincare routine. You start with a good cleanser, followed by a toner to further cleanse and tighten your pores, and then finish with a hydrating moisturizer. These are not just the three essential steps to ensuring glowing, fresh and youthful skin; these are the heart and core of healthy skin care. This routine should become a part of your life. CTM should be done twice a day, morning and night before bedtime, if you don’t have time in the morning, you should do it at least once a day before bedtime.
Morning CTM routine
For cleansing – facial cleansing with olive, jojoba and hazelnut oil
For toning – Face Soft Rose Damascene Toner
Moisturizing – Nourishing Face Cream with Shea Butter, Jojoba, Almond and Nutmeg / Moisturizing Face Cream with Ylang Ylang and Shea Butter
Night CTM routine
For cleansing – facial cleansing with olive, jojoba, and hazelnut oil
For toning – Face Soft Rose Damascene Toner
Moisturizing – Reduce Acne / Reduce Pigmentation / Glow / Reduce Wrinkles / Radiance Kumkumadi Oil / Under Eye Renew Gotu Kola & Ashwagandha Cream / Fice Sandalwood & Saffron Cream / Face Radiance Kumkumadi Cream / Face Young and Bright Marine Collagen & Macadamia Cream
What Is Colour Theory?
A colour wheel based on the primary colours red, yellow, and blue is traditional in all art forms, including makeup artistry. The primaries of the colour wheel cannot be mixed or formed by any combination of other colours; Conversely, all other colours are derived from these three colours or hues (a colour in its purest form).
COLOR THEORY AND COMPLEXION
The temperature and color of the undertone of the skin need to be determined in order to choose the correct foundation.
•Warm vs. Cool (Temperature)
–Warm: look for a golden tone
–Cool: look for a blue, green and sometimes pink tone
The colour wheel is divided into a warm and a cool side. Red is a warm primary colour; However, when tinted, red becomes cool. Green, a secondary colour, can be either warm or cool. All other colours on the pigmented colour wheel are either warm or cool.
Evening Party Makeup Look
- Cleanser (Cetaphil)
- Toner (rosewater)
- Moisturizer (cetaphil)
- Essential oil (indulge essential)
- Strobe cream/liquid highlighter (mac/colour bar/Fenty beauty)
- Primer (professional-benefit/colour bar)
- Liquid foundation (Nars/Maybelline)
- Colour corrector (La Girl cosmetics)
- Tape (regular transparent/ doctors tape)
- Concealer ( LA girl cosmetics) Vaseline
- Liquid gloss (Sephora collection/sugar cosmetics)
- Tint / pink lip colour (benefit -gogo tint)
- Eyeshadow palette (colour pop palette-BH cosmetics)
- Blush palette (Bh cosmetics)
- Gel black eyeliner (Maybelline/ Kiko/Inglot)
- Mascara (Maybelline/Lancome)
- Highlighter powder (sugar cosmetics)
- Setting spray (MAC prep+prime)
- Wash your face
- Use a toner
- Apply moisturizer in an upward circular movement
- Use essential oil and spread it evenly on the entire face, especially on drier areas of the face.
- Apply vaseline to the lips
- Let the face absorb the rich oils, till then do the eye makeup
- First, use an eye primer
- Strip a small piece of tape and apply it to the outer corners of the eyes
- Take a concealer and make the eyelids clean
- Now set the concealer with a powdered eyeshadow in Nude
- Take a pink eyeshadow and a thin round brush and apply it above the upper waterline
- Take a Black gel eyeliner and with the help of small strokes create a crisp eyeliner
- Take a Purple/pink kajal and apply it to the lower waterline
- Set it with the help of powdered pink / purple eyeshadow with an angular brush
- Apply a generous coat of mascara Now coming back to the face, in case any fallouts from the eye makeup. Use a cotton to clean the under-eye area
- Now take a face primer and apply it evenly to the face
- Use colour corrector if required
- Use concealer if required
- Then take liquid foundation and mix it with a liquid highlighter and blend it well on the face
- Use a cheek lip tint/cream blush to add flushed cheeks
- Now apply the powder highlighter to the highlight points of the face
- Use lip tint on the cheeks with your finger
- Apply a liquid transparent gloss on the lips
- Take a setting spray and set the makeup from a 6cm distance.
- You have now achieved a Dewy /glossy Glass skin for your evening
Do’s & Dont’s
- Use clean brushes only
- Respect the shelf life of the products
- Tie up your hair while doing the makeup
- Keep q-tips handy
- Don’t be harsh on your skin